And he said to them, “This kind cannot be driven out by anything but prayer and fasting.” Mark 9:29 (RSVCE)
The daily challenges and crises that are part of being homeless are more than most coulf bear. Indeed, among the homeless, we know that the incidence of drug/alcohol abuse, mental illness, physical illness and history of abuse is much higher than in non-homeless populations. Even when a person with the strongest of spiritual and social supports experiences crisis, it produces significant stress and strain. Often, especially in the case of drug or alcohol addictions, even those among us with the greatest resources are unable to survive the repercussions of the struggle.
So the words of Jesus ring true: “only by prayer and fasting.” If you are interested in praying for our ministry and those whom we serve, we are grateful. Below are a few areas that we sense a special need for prayer. We hope these suggestions will help guide you as you pray.
- Real and Transformative Experiences with Christ
- Development and Deepening of Life-Giving Relationships
- Breakthroughs in Addictions
- Spiritual and Physical Protection
- Healing from Emotional Wounds and Mental Illness
- Access to and Proper Use of Physical and Mental Health Care
We deeply appreciate all your prayers for Six Treasures Ministries and those we serve.